Wednesday, February 03, 2010


Wake up, wake up! I started ringing the wakeup bell every morning at 4:55am as a pre-shuso last Wednesday. This morning we had an official Shuso Entering Ceremony in the Zendo after Zazen. Now I am feeling that I have formally re-entered the temple with my new role. It's so true what I said at the ceremony: I don't know much about Zen, i don't feel like a model Zen student, I am so scared about exposing myself and I am not ready to be Shuso; But i have to remind myself of my intention of this practice period: Do my best! Thank you my dear Sangha for supporting me in my new training! For the moment, I am trying not to get butterflies in my stomach about giving my first talk tonight;-)

3 comments:

jesse said...

Shuso! I'm so happy for you. They really should have made you shuso a long time ago! Will Qigong be a permanent part of the schedule for this practice period? Part of me really wants to be there, to feel the energy of your practice period; I guess I will have to do it in our temple here on the East Coast.

Sending you lots of love, encouragement, and blessings,
Jesse

Clear Wind Wisdom Sword said...

Dear Jesse: Thank you for your love, encouragement and blessings! Yes, we have Qigong in the Buddha Hall every Tuesday morning during PP. I wish you were here too,it would be so fun. I saw you and Catherine are doing great things at your temple.
Much love,
Liping

stupahead said...

Shuso! Wonderful to see your posts on Wake Up Bell. Congratulations to you and how fortunate for City Center that you were willing to take it on. Oh, and there's no such thing as an "exemplary Zen Student" - we just do our best on each moment from now until the universe collapses in on itself.